Guarantee and Warranty
60 Day Money Back Guarantee, 6 Years Warranty, The New Vehicle Engine And Driveline Warranty.
60 Day Money Back Guarantee Process:
If you are not completely satisfied within 60 days of purchase, we will happily give you a refund on the purchase price of the DPChip (Labour & freight costs not included).
- DPChip Technical MUST be contacted on 0400 788111 to first discuss the reason for wishing to return the DPChip system for ‘Money Back’. It may be just technical help or a simple adjustment needed to rectify a simple problem. Sometimes a simple technical issue outside the DPChip system may be causing a potential reason for not being satisfied with the DPChip. We have found that often these issues can be rectified and the customer very satisfied with the outcome.
- If it is confirmed that the ’60 Day Money Back Guarantee’ option is to be used, the customer will be advised to contact the original place of purchase to begin the ‘Money Back’ process.
- The DPChip system must be returned in ‘AS NEW’ condition, including a copy of the original purchase receipt, to DPChip. The DPChip system will be inspected and the ‘Money Back’ process finalised. This can take up to a few weeks.
- The original place of purchase will refund the original purchase price of the DPChip to the customer ONCE DPChip has authorised the ‘Money Back’ (there is NO REFUND on Labour or Freight offered).
6 Year DPChip System Parts/Service Warranty:
DPChip warrants the DPChip System (DPChip Unit and associated DPChip Harness) against tuning deficiencies (on standard engines), defects in material and poor workmanship under normal use and service for a period of ‘6 Years’ from the Original Date of Purchase. DPChip, at its option, shall adjust, repair or replace the defective DPChip system component/s.To initiate the ‘6 Year DPChip System Parts Warranty’ process, we require these steps to be taken.
- DPChip Technical must be contacted on 0400 788111 to first discuss the DPChip system problem. It may be just technical help needed to rectify a simple problem. Sometimes a simple adjustment of the DPChip or technical issue outside the DPChip system can cause the DPChip to appear faulty. We have found that many times these small issues can be rectified and the customer to be very satisfied with the outcome.
- If it is confirmed that the ’6 Year DPChip System Parts/Service Warranty’ is to be used, the Customer will be advised to return the complete DPChip system with a copy of the Original Purchase Receipt to DPChip. The DPChip system will be inspected tested and the component/s in question adjusted, repaired or replaced. This process can take up to a few weeks.
The New Vehicle Engine And Driveline Warranty:
DPChip offers to warrant damage caused to a vehicle during its New Vehicle Warranty period. DPChip will only support its New Vehicle Engine and Driveline Warranty on legitimate claims where the DPChip is the ‘proven’ cause of the problem. If a manufacturer chooses not meet their express or Government implied warranty obligations due to fitment of the DPChip System, then DPChip must be contacted. If the claim is legitimate and proven, then DPChip will authorise repairs. The Engine and Driveline is ‘defined’ as ‘Engine and Transmission Components’ excluding any attached ancillaries which may or may not be mounted on same. This warranty is limited by the same factors and conditions which apply to the Original Vehicle Manufacturers warranty statement.To initiate the ‘New Vehicle Engine and Driveline ‘Express Warranty” process, we require these steps to be taken.
- DPChip Technical be contacted on 0400 788111 to first discuss the problem. It may be just technical help needed to rectify a very simple problem being blown out of proportion by a simple misdiagnosis. Sometimes a very simple technical issue outside the DPChip system can cause what appears to be a major issue. We have found that many times these issues can be fairly easily rectified with all sides happy with the outcome.
- If it is confirmed that the ‘New Vehicle Engine and Driveline Warranty’ is to be used, DPChip at their discretion may arrange for an assessor to meet with the Vehicle Manufacturers Dealer. The customer must obtain from the Vehicle Manufacturer a written report. This report must include images of the damaged components in question, state the details of the vehicle problem and include in the report that “the DPChip was the cause of the problem” and “how the DPChip has caused the problem”. Also a copy of the original purchase receipt of the DPChip must be supplied.
- If it is proven that DPChip is liable for the ‘said’ damage, then all repairs necessary will be authorised and paid for by DPChip.
To initiate any Guarantee or Warranty offered by DPChip, a Copy of the original purchase receipt MUST be made available. The DPChip System has been calibrated to function correctly on a totally STANDARD vehicle/engine. The DPChip System can be adjusted or unplugged (model depending) to return the vehicle/engine to standard operation for diagnostic purposes. If your vehicle/engine has been modified in any way, DPChip MUST be contacted to confirm compatibility with these modifications. Some modifications may dramatically alter engine cooling air flow, induction or exhaust flow characteristics. Due to the wide variety of possible operating parameters, DPChip shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages. Fitment of the DPChip System constitutes the vehicle/engine owners acceptance of this condition. Particular attention MUST be paid to the vehicle manufacturers statements regarding TOWING, VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION, with regard to maintaining warranty coverage. These warranties DO NOT cover damage to the DPChip System due to ACCIDENT, ABUSE OR NEGLIGENCE. We know, and you can feel confident in the fact, that the DPChip is engineered to be completely safe for your engine. This is why we’re happy to provide such a comprehensive series of ‘Express Warranties’.
Some Examples Where Technical Support From Dpchip Has Resolved An Issue.
Depending on the Vehicle and Injection System involved, the DPChip is also completely removable. As you could imagine, in the event of a vehicle needing to go back to a vehicle manufacturer or dealer, if the DPChip was removed, it would also reduce the chance of a ‘Blame Game’ being played by the vehicles manufacturer or dealer. The experience behind DPChip dates back to 1956. Our experience over the last 50 years in the industry has shown, at times, unprofessional methods applied by manufacturers and their dealers when warranty claims are involved. Our experience has shown a tactic employed that we call the ‘Blame Game’.Our Definition of the ‘Blame Game’ is as follows, in a few cases set out below (These examples are based on REAL WORLD cases we have experienced):
- CASE 1: ‘Customer A’ went to ‘Dealer A’ with his New Vehicle, which had a DPChip installed on it. He went there because he had noticed a fault with the running of his new diesel vehicle. He left his vehicle with ‘Dealer A’ for the day to have the problem fixed under warranty. A few hours later he received a phone call from ‘Dealer A’ telling him that they had found the fault. ‘Dealer A’ informed him it was the DPChip that they had found installed on his vehicle and that they were not going to go any further with repairs as they were voiding the warranty. Consequently ‘Customer A’ called DPChip for help. DPChip explained to the customer that the dealer was being very unprofessional by just ‘wiping its hands’ and ceasing to diagnose for the real cause of the problem after finding the DPChip installed. DPChip advised ‘Customer A’ to force the dealer to unplug the DPChip and continue diagnosing the problem. ‘Customer A’ did so, and 2 hours later called up DPChip with the outcome. The outcome was that ‘Dealer A’ unplugged the DPChip, as requested, and found the problem still existing in the vehicle. Further investigation by ‘Dealer A’, now the DPChip was unplugged, uncovered a ‘sticky EGR valve’ which they admitted being a common problem to this vehicle type. This problem was rectified by the dealer under warranty. The customer thanked DPChip for their help.
- CASE 2: ’Customer B’ has an engine failure in his vehicle due to overheating and has the vehicle taken to ‘Dealer B’. ‘Dealer B’ inspects the vehicle and notifies the customer that the vehicle has indeed been overheated and lost all water in doing so. ‘Dealer B’ informs the customer that the vehicle will not be repaired under warranty as they have found a DPChip installed and that this must have caused the failure. ‘Customer B’ contacts DPChip which in turns effects a Engineers reports based on the information supplied. The information supplied actually points to a component failure as a result of a manufacturing fault from new. This report was submitted to the vehicles manufacturer and clearly pointed out that it was impossible for the DPChip to have caused this particular failure. The outcome was that the vehicles manufacturer covered all repairs.
- CASE 3: ’Customer C’ has an engine failure in his large Boat engine. Upon inspection of the failure ‘Customer C’ noted no engine oil in the engine and as a precaution to any possible warranty rejection due to a DPChip being installed, unplugged the DPChip from the engine. Upon engine removal from the boat, it was found that a failure due to corrosion in the engine oil heat exchanger had pumped all the engine oil out of the engine into the seawater causing the failure. The engine was repaired by the manufacturer under warranty. In summary, the real world is not always ‘Black and White’ but with the comprehensive support and backup of DPChip you can rest assured we have got you covered.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR PURCHASE RECEIPT AND DPCHIP SERIAL NUMBER AVAILABLE BEFORE CONTACTING DPCHIP